Date(s) – 06/01/2013
- Course Overview
The purpose of this program is to provide an in-depth learning opportunity to help the surgeon understand the latest techniques in performing facial implant procedures and obtaining the best outcomes in facial contouring.
This course is a hands-on cadaver workshop.
- Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate surgical techniques in the placement of facial implants.
- Provide techniques for consultation and implantation of chin and midfacial augmentation to provide consistent and reliably predictable results. Advanced procedures for jawline enhancement and temporal corrections will also be discussed.
- Identify potential complications and how to effectively avoid and manage them.
- Obtain correct and exact implant placement, as well as determine the right type of implant for each anatomical area.
- Determine indications and obtain ability to use imaging and design custom implants.
- Intended Audience
Our target audience is plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, oral/maxillofacial surgeons and aesthetic surgeons of all disciplines.
- Faculty Information
William Binder, MD, FACS and Barry Eppley, MD, DMD
- Course Times
7:30am – 8:00am Registration & Continental Breakfast 8:00am – 8:05am Welcome Renee Casswell – Implantech LOWER FACE 8:05am – 8:20am Overview of Facial Implants, Facial
William Binder, MD, FACS 8:20am – 8:45am Basics of Chin Implants William Binder, MD, FACS 8:45am – 9:15am Jaw Angle Implants Total Jawline
Barry Eppley, MD, DMD 9:15am – 9:30am Custom Mandibular Implants Barry Eppley, MD, DMD
William Binder, MD, FACS
9:30am – 9:45am Questions 9:45am – 10:00am Break 10:00am – 11:30am Cadaver Lab:
A: Mandibular Implants (Chins Angles)
B: How to Make Custom Mandibular Implants
11:30am – 12:30pm Lunch MID and UPPER FACE 12:30pm – 1:15pm Overview of Midfacial Augmentation:
Malar vs. Submalar Implants
William Binder, MD, FACS 1:15pm – 1:30pm Paranasal and Nasal Implants Barry Eppley, MD, DMD 1:30pm – 1:45pm Temporal Augmentation Barry Eppley, MD, DMD 1:45pm – 2:45pm Cadaver Lab:
Surgical Techniques in Midface and Temporal
2:45pm – 3:00pm Break 3:00pm – 3:30pm Managing Facial Implant Complications William Binder MD, FACS
Barry Eppley, MD, DMD
3:30pm – 4:15pm Challenging Cases/Questions William Binder, MD, FACS
Barry Eppley, MD, DMD